Sunday 12 January 2014

New Year's Resolution! Sort of...

Happy new year! We made it through another year! Except this time, nothing much seemed to happen, especially compared to 2012, which was filled with all kinds of much more exciting stuff.

Anyway, hi guys. I know, I know, I'm not only almost two weeks late for new year, but it's been nearly 2 months since the last time I posted. But it's 2014 now, and I have a plan! I can hear you all now, 'You said you had a plan last time, and look how that went.'. Well, alright, but it's still 2014 now. I'd say my plan is a new year's resolution, but it's more just a plan that happened to start near new year. It could have been a July plan, or a November plan, but instead my brain decided to drop it on me while I was looking the other way over Christmas. So here we are, with a plan.

Now, on to the actual plan.

THE PLAN! *cue fanfare*

Wow, you can really tell this is quite an informal post now...
So, the plan is, I'm going to post exactly twice a week. Ok, I might do more, because I sometimes have ideas that I just have to do at that moment, but I won't do less, because otherwise you people will hunt me down and kill me for not posting. Again. I'm thinking that the posts will be on Wednesdays and Saturdays, starting next week, and each will be a different topic. Sort of like this:

The Wednesday:
The midweek post, to get some thought going in the middle of the week, when Friday is literally as far ahead as Monday is behind. This post will be the explanatory, or informative post, where I explain a particular part of living with Asperger's, and maybe coping strategies. This will probably be quite a well thought out post, maybe typed up over a couple of days.

Saturday:
The fun Saturday night, where everyone just wants to kick back, relax, and forget that Monday morning is only 36 hours away. This will be either an opinion piece about something I've heard, or a Thoughtsplat, or just something related to autism that I find interesting. You know, just a bit of a freeform thing to read on a Saturday evening.

Any extra posts:
Anything else that takes my fancy really. Something big that can't wait until next week, or an extra opinion piece, or basically pretty much anything. I think extra posts will generally not be based on autism and Asperger's, they'll most likely be interests of mine instead, like art or something to do with technology.

Timing:
I'm thinking around 6pm GMT, seems to be a time when most of my readers are around to see it, anyone at work will get back when it goes up, in the US it'll be nearer the middle of a day to match a lunch break, things like that. It also gives me time to work on it a bit in college.

There we go then; my blogging plan for the year ahead. Now, I'm really quite good at planning, but no one ever believes me. Mostly because I'm absolutely terrible at following through on said plans, as you may have noticed. So, I've come up with a solution. I'm going to tell my friends who are interested in this blog to tell me to do my posts on time. That way, I can't get annoyed at them and rebel when they tell me to post, because I've already told them to tell me. Make sense? Hopefully, it'll be so confusing to my subconscious that it'll tie itself in knots and let me get on with posting.

I hope you all had a great Christmas and new year, and I'll see you on Wednesday!

Chris

No comments :

Post a Comment